NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI control disappear

Hi,

I make a liitle modification to the predefined simple LabVIEW Operator Interface (mainly to simplify it more, for instance: I keep only "Test UUTs", and wipe off button for "sequence view", "sequence file view" etc. ), and I set to load a default sequence when it starts.

And now it works, and I terminate it and if now I click on the button "logout", the button of "Test UUTs" is disappear and will not show up any more.

I tried with the original OI from NI, it's ok, but I don't know what I change makes this. Anyone has some idea?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,264 Views)

Hi,

It's probably due to the fact that the Test Entry button's only appears if there is a sequence file loaded which has a process model sequence file associated with it.

When you logged logout, did you log back in to teststand?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,260 Views)

Thank you for your reply,

I just click the "termination" button, even I don't have a button to close the sequence, so I think the sequence file is still there, btw, I use the sequential process model.

Is there other possibility?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,257 Views)

Hi,

Does that mean your Operator Interface application is still running?

If it is then you will have to login to Teststand. If you haven't got a button or menu item to Login. Then you will have to exit the application and relaunch the Operator Interface again.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,254 Views)

The OI is running, but the sequence execution is terminated. And there is no Test UUTs button,

I can still login and logout, but it will not make the button shown up again.

If I quit the OI, and restart it will happen again. (First run of sequence ok, but disappear the button later.)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,253 Views)

Hi,

It looks like you are unloading your sequence file when you log out but when you log back in you are not reloading the sequencefile.

You need to relook at the OI code and make sure you are performing the Open Sequence File with the correct parameters for your sequence file. Maybe its been cleared as a result of the logout.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,250 Views)

Yes, you are right, when I log out, the sequence file is unloaded automatically (although I don't know why)

I guess that TestStand has a mechanism to avoid the existance of sequence file when there is no user?

I change the cmdKind fo connect command for the button from "CommandKind_LoginLogout" to "CommandKind_Login" in the subvi "Configure Application Manager.vi"

and it works fine.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,231 Views)