NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with TestStand Core 1 Learning

Solved!
Go to solution

I am currently making my way through TestStand Core 1 and have reached a small roadblock. Exercise 2-2 requires me to run "Setup.bat" as administrator (from the TS1_2017_EN exercises download included within the course) to install the necessary components in the LabVIEW and LabWindows/CVI. When I run this file, it is failing to install in 2 of the 3 directories:

FAILURE - C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\instr.lib
FAILURE - C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\instr.lib
Success - C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\CVI\instr

I'm using LabVIEW 2020 and TestStand 2018.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(924 Views)
Solution
Accepted by cmo39

Hi, The bat file basically copies files (VI's) to respective locations in C drive. I don't know the exact root in your system (you can run this bat file in other system if it's an issue in your system only).

I would recommend you to copy those files manually to respective locations shown in your post. This should help you or you can manually update the search files directory to point to your exercises directory in TestStand - as mentioned in the following link https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019WAUSA2&l=en-IN

Regards,
Dharani | CLA | CTD
Message 2 of 3
(882 Views)
Solution
Accepted by cmo39

Hi Dharani.R,

Thanks for your quick response! Through a bit more trial and error, I learned that the extension for the folder I had placed my TestStand exercises in was too long for the Setup.bat to handle and that is why it was giving me the failures. I have read through the article you posted and it clarified quite a bit. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(873 Views)