From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble switching adapter from LabVIEW development to runtime engine

Hello,

I'm having an issue on 2 different development machines with switching a seq from development mode to runtime mode in the adapter. The seq runs perfect in development mode but when I switch to runtime mode it takes LabVIEW hours to go through the analysis and then return the error codes for each VI in the sequence. I have attempted the following so far and again this is happing on 2 different development machines.

1. Mass compiled everything (vi.lib, user.lib, instr.lib, Teststand 2016 directory, my LabView project directory)

2. Reloaded every VI in the project

Below are some screen shots of my environment settings and I'm running LV 2017 and TestStand 2016

It must be an environment setting or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Bill Lewis
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,020 Views)

Hey Bill,

Have you seen this KB

From the error in TestStand, it looks like you have a dependency that is not compiled for LabVIEW 17.0. Depending on how you mass compiled, LabVIEW may not have recompiled that dependency for LabVIEW 17.0. Did you mass compile from the project or mass compile from a directory? 

One thing I would recommend doing is building a PPL out of your source code VIs. This can be done with LabVIEW application builder. This should help reduce the load time and help you find where that dependency that's giving you errors is. 

Let me know what you find out,

Roxy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,005 Views)

I'm mass compiling from the project. It is strange to me that every VI that is used in the TestStand Sequence is giving the same error when trying to convert from development mode to runtime. 

Bill Lewis
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,002 Views)

Have you tried building your code into a PPL? 

Did you look through the KB and try any of the other steps? Could you provide more information on your project, or a reproducing case?  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(2,982 Views)

Working on it today. I have re-mass complied and still no luck. Now looking a the dependency's.

Nothing has worked so far so I'm still trying to find the issue. I will try the PPL today or tomorrow 

Bill Lewis
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(2,980 Views)

No, still not able to get anything to work. I have some older Active x vi's to excel could these be an issue? Maybe not being able to include in the installer? below is an example

Bill Lewis
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(2,935 Views)

Hi Bill,

Can this issue be reproduced in a smaller sequence file? For example, if you just had a sequence with 1 step that uses those VIs that you suspect are causing issues, does the same error pop up? You can start to narrow down the possible causes of the issue if you can create smaller sequences that reproduces the issue.

James F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(2,912 Views)

@James_Battleaxe wrote:

Hi Bill,

Can this issue be reproduced in a smaller sequence file? For example, if you just had a sequence with 1 step that uses those VIs that you suspect are causing issues, does the same error pop up? You can start to narrow down the possible causes of the issue if you can create smaller sequences that reproduces the issue.

So I have been able to get back to this. I did create a new seq with nothing in it but one action (labview) from my project. It works in development mode but the moment I switch the adapter to runtime Teststand freezes and will not load the vi's without producing the same errors with one VI from the project. I have also went in and saved each vi within the project individually. Literally it takes 5 or 6 minutes to load the one vi in runtime mode before the error hits. 

I'm a loss with what is going on. 

Bill Lewis
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(2,896 Views)

the issue lies with my LabView project. I have made a seq with another project and placed one action in it. simple vi and it does run in the runtime mode. 

so after mass compiling, saving each vi individually, and really looking for every issue. what could I do next?

Bill Lewis
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(2,894 Views)

I loaded LV2018 and mass compiled my project in it. Same issue when I change to the LV RT in the adapter settings

Bill Lewis
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(2,892 Views)