NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To print the value of a variable from my sequence to report

How to print the value of a variable from my sequence file(Client sequence file) in the test report using "reportgen_txt.seq"? My process model is "SequentialModel.seq" and i am using the entry point "Test UUTs"..

Please explain it clearly..
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,202 Views)
Off the top of my head I can think of three option that are not that difficult to implement.

First option,  You could add a step type of the <none> variety (instead of a labview, labwindows, dll, .net, etc.).  I would suggest a numeric limit test if the variable is a number.  Then ,on the edit limit menu of the <none> numberic limit test,  change the data source to your variable.  You can apply limits if you wish (force the status to a pass if you don't want to affect the pass/fail of the sequence with this step)

Second option,  Each step has a output string buffer that you can add any text you want.  It is step.result.ReportText and can be set in the expressions tab of any step.  Formart your variable to a string and add it to the appropriate step.

Third option, Use the sequence file callbacks for the reports.  This is a bit more advanced if you are new to teststand.  I would suggest researching sequence file callbacks because to describe them here could get too involved.  The callbacks allow you to change the way the current SequentialModel.seq executes and there are specific callbacks for customizing reports.

Hope this helps
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,189 Views)
Hi Prakash,

Just to piggyback on paul's suggestions, the main idea is that the report generation is based off of the results from each step that's executed.  This means that you will want to associate your variable with the results of a an executed step.  The options Paul presented suggest different ways of accomplishing this but essentially reduce to associating the variable with an existing result property (i.e. ReportText, Numeric, etc.).

As well, modifying the report via callbacks and the TestStand API allow you to add new values to the result collection such as your variable. I recommend you reference this tutorial to better understand result collection (it also has a link to an example).  If you still have questions, post what you're ultimately trying to accomplish (i.e. putting a string, numeric, array, etc in the report to indicate failures) and we can discuss the best implementation.

Have a great day,

Ecleamus R.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,170 Views)

Hi,

The tutorial link didn't work for me but you might try the following link

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3977

Regards

Ray Farmer