NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is the most useless error message "An Error prevented the creation of an installer"

Solved!
Go to solution

I had to reimage my pc with windows 10 yesterday, and I am almost back up but there seems to be somethin wrong with the testStand deployment utility.  I am using TestStand 2014 SP1 and Labview 2015 SP1 (32 bit)

all deployment projects fail with this error "An error prevented the creation of an installer"

As far as I can see there are no other error messages in the log.  Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,772 Views)

This looks like an error from the underlying installer technology. Are you including any additional installers in your build?

Can you reproduce the error and then post the log file from here:

%Temp%\mdflog.txt

Thanks,

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,741 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul.Boucher

I Think I solved it.   I missed installing one of the needed drivers for a sub sequence.

I am still trying to test the installer so I haven't been able to spend any effort in reproducing the error in a small sample.   But I imagine

you could very easily do it by:

in mainsequence of sequenceFile1.seq   call sub sequence in sequenceFile2.seq  ( this hides the fact that sequenceFile2 is broken when analyzing file1)

SequenceFile2 contains a step that depends on a driver (DAQ driver in my case) create a normal installer and try to build. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,739 Views)

Hi Paul,

I am receiving the same error message. Could you run your TestStand sequence in Deployment and Run-time without the missing installer? I receive no errors when analyzing source files and able to run my sequence in both modes with no problems. I only get an error when building. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,585 Views)