NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The following VIs or Project Libraries have duplicate names You must change the names or add them to project libraries

Hi,

I'm working with NI TestStand 4.2.1, the labview version is 2009 SP1. My operation system is windows 7.

When I tried to build my workspace to generate a deployment, I got the following error:

Error: The following VIs or Project Libraries have duplicate names
You must change the names or add them to project libraries:
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\sfp\shells\Append Front Panel Image to Report.vi while Processing VIs...
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\Append Front Panel Image to Report.vi while Processing VIs...

Those two Vi are from different folders, and the destinations are also different when building. (See the two attachments. ) The two Vis are from the library, I do not think it would work if I deselect either of them. However, I deselected "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\Append Front Panel Image to Report.vi"  in "distributed files" and built, then it reports this error:

Could not process LabVIEW VIs. Fix any broken VIs before rebuilding. LabVIEW error:
Create Folder in Create Directory Recursive.vi->AB_Destination.lvclass:Create_Destination.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Create_Destinations.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_API Build.vi->NI_AB_API_SDIST.lvclass:Build.vi->Build VI Distribution 8.6 - TestStand.vi->Build VI Distribution 8.6 - TestStand.vi.ProxyCaller<APPEND>
C:\Users\LLU\Documents\TestStand Deployment\Image\target\Projects\IP67\Install\LabVIEW 2009\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\Word

Since those VIs are related to labview library, I really do not know how to solve this problem and build my deployment successfully.

Could anybody help me to solve this problem? Any answer/reply is appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!

Lijiao

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,926 Views)
I don't understand where the sfp\shells folder came from. The obvious fix is to remove that folder and just reference the VIs in the other folder. Have you done a diff to see if the functions are the same? How did you come to call from two different folders?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,911 Views)

Hi ,

Thank you very much the reply.

The NIreport.llb is from test report toolkit I think.

They are different, and I can not remove any one of them, otherwise there is another error as follows when I build.

"

Could not process LabVIEW VIs. Fix any broken VIs before rebuilding. LabVIEW error:

Create Folder in Create Directory Recursive.vi->AB_Destination.lvclass:Create_Destination.vi-

>AB_Build.lvclass:Create_Destinations.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_API Build.vi->NI_AB_API_SDIST.lvclass:Build.vi->Build

VI Distribution 8.6 - TestStand.vi->Build VI Distribution 8.6 - TestStand.vi.ProxyCaller<APPEND>

C:\Users\LLU\Documents\TestStand Deployment\Image\target\Projects\IP67\Install\LabVIEW 2009\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\Word

"

I searched, the original error I posted was a bug related to Labview 8.6.1, and was fixed in labview 9. So I do not understand why I have error and how to solve it. Anybody has seem the similar problem?

With best wishes

Mingyuexin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,875 Views)
Why are they different? I asked where the sfp/roots folder came from. I know the other is from the Report Generation Toolkit.

If you delete the sfp/roots folder, you would simply open the VIs that used those functions and link to the functions on the other folder. If the functions in the sfp/roots folder are unique and required, re name them like the message says.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,870 Views)