NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The following LabVIEW project items conflict. Open the project and resolve the conflict.

Hi all,

--------------------------------------------------------

Error: The following LabVIEW project items conflict. Open the project and resolve the conflict.

DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\Utility\error.llb\Error Cluster From Error Code.vi DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\user.lib\maxon EPOS\EPOSLibrary.llb\Error Cluster From Error Code.vi DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, C:\teststand_Nockengeber\teststand_Projekt\Resources\WAGO_UDP.lvclass DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, de01d\OP-IE\Pruefmittelbau\Bibliotheken\Nockengeber\ProCamUSB\DLL2.3\ProCamUSB.llb\open_ProCamUSB.vi DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, de01d\OP-IE\Pruefmittelbau\Bibliotheken\Nockengeber\ProCamUSB\DLL2.3\ProCamUSB.llb\getPosition_ProCamUSB.vi DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj,de01d\OP-IE\Pruefmittelbau\Bibliotheken\Nockengeber\ProCamUSB\DLL2.3\ProCamUSB.llb\getConfigData_ProCamUSB.vi DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, de01d\OP-IE\Pruefmittelbau\Bibliotheken\Nockengeber\ProCamUSB\DLL2.3\ProCamUSB.llb\doPreset_ProCamUSB.vi DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, Nockengeber_Programmierplatz:\Nockengeber Programmierplatz\B_Command-UDP\Seng\WAGO_EAL900_PRG Ordner\Wago_EAL900_PRG.llb\Close_UDP.vi DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, C:\teststand_Nockengeber\teststand_Projekt\Resources\Close_UDP.vi DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, de01d\OP-IE\Pruefmittelbau\Bibliotheken\Nockengeber\ProCamUSB\DLL2.3\ProCamUSB.llb\close_ProCamUSB.vi DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, Nockengeber_Programmierplatz:\Nockengeber Programmierplatz\B_Command-UDP\Seng\WAGO_EAL900_PRG Ordner\Wago_EAL900_PRG.llb\ WAGO_EAL900_PRG.lvclass DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, C:\teststand_Nockengeber\teststand_Projekt\Resources\Wago\WAGO_UDP.lvclass DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, C:\teststand_Nockengeber\teststand_Projekt\Resources\ProCamUSB\ProCamUSB.llb\open_ProCamUSB.vi DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, C:\teststand_Nockengeber\teststand_Projekt\Resources\ProCamUSB\ProCamUSB.llb\getPosition_ProCamUSB.vi DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, C:\teststand_Nockengeber\teststand_Projekt\Resources\ProCamUSB\ProCamUSB.llb\getConfigData_ProCamUSB.vi DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, C:\teststand_Nockengeber\teststand_Projekt\Resources\ProCamUSB\ProCamUSB.llb\doPreset_ProCamUSB.vi DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, C:\teststand_Nockengeber\teststand_Projekt\Resources\ProCamUSB\ProCamUSB.llb\close_ProCamUSB.vi DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj, C:\teststand_Nockengeber\teststand_Projekt\Resources\Wago\Wago_EAL900_PRG.llb\ WAGO_EAL900_PRG.lvclass

--------------------------------------------------------

above is the log from my Teststand Deployment utility 

1. does any one know "DeploymentProject_00009.lvproj"  how testsand assign these nos and where do I see this proj

2. If Icheck my labview projects there are no conflicts (everthing clean and clear ) only in teststand  deployment. Has anyone similar issues.

the testsand  finds the same file at a local and  server location  though i only use  the local  location in Labw Prj.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,494 Views)

Hey aparab,

The DeploymentProject file you're referring to is a file created by the TestStand Deployment Utility as part of the deployment process. To help narrow this down, I'd recommend we start by trying a simple deployment to make sure deployments are working at all on the machine. This simple deployment could just be a blank sequence file. Let's make sure that builds successfully.

Next, it looks like many of these messages reference ProCamUSB and WAGO_EAL900_PRG. Are these drivers or other libraries you are including in your deployment? We might try a deployment with one of these files to see what happens. For example, you could create a simple sequence file which calls one of the ProCamUSB VI's, and attempt to deploy that.

Finally, you mention that TestStand finds the same file on a local and server location. Do you see an error message related to this, or are you just saying that you have the same file in two separate directories that TestStand searches?

These questions should help us narrow down what's happening here. Let us know how it goes! 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,482 Views)

thans Daniel fo the systematic step by step problem solving tech support

Message 3 of 11
(6,480 Views)

Hi all,

1. deployment works on the machine.

2. I tried building the deployment with only the   seq file. (I think Testsand  Deployment utility takes  care of including all the  files) which it does except that the file structure (relative path)  is changed ( this leads to error on the target deployment  system-  as file not found)

3. what i have tried till date is added all the folders in the workspace *.tsw file and there is the issue.

Daniel`s Point:

1. simple deployment gets built sucessfully.

2. a) our whole labview project is implemented  with classes

b) Procam, Wago are respective hardware vis and dlls implemented thr`  classes.

c) these  vis  are organized in a file structure as rescource\a1\  and  I add the whole rescource folder to my  teststand workspace so that the structure remsains intact and my seq file  calls the vis  with this   relative path (ref: myseq_modulecall.PNG)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,443 Views)

contd...

hallo Daniel

the file teststand finds on the local machine is there  but the one on the server does not exist.

I have checked all the labview projects I am using for  this teststand seq file but no conflicts at all.

I beleive some where it   stores the old file location  and cannot get out of the same

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,442 Views)

I think this is most likely occurring because the Deployment Utility is finding the same files in two places: from the sequence files and the workspace. As you mentioned, the TestStand Deployment Utility examines any sequence files you include to find all of the VIs they call, and all other dependencies. So it finds the class VIs from there. However, since you have included them in the workspace as well, it's finding a second version of the files. Since we are requesting the utility to include both of these files, it's running into a conflict.

Let's take a step back for a moment and see if we can figure out why you were needing to include the files in the workspace. You mentioned that your sequence file was unable to find the files after deployment--this is unexpected because normally the Deployment Utility will re-link the sequence file to the code modules in the new locations. If you run your deployment (without the files included in the workspace) and then run the sequence file from the deployment image, what errors do you see? Are these errors from TestStand (the sequence cannot find code modules) or from individual VIs (an individual VI cannot find a subVI)?

If we can figure out where those errors are coming from, we might be able to remove the requirement of having your VIs included in the workspace, which I think will fix the overall problem of project items conflicting.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,415 Views)

Hey aparab,

As another thought, let's take a look at the LabVIEW deployment project for your full deployment and see if we can figure out what the conflicts are.

(Disclaimer: the following is information about how the Deployment Utility works internally and is subject to change in future releases of TestStand)

When the TestStand Deployment Utility creates a deployment, it generates a temporary LabVIEW project to collect all of the VI dependencies. After the deployment fails, we can look at that LabVIEW project to see what the conflicts were. You can generally find that project in your computer's Temp directory (open a Windows Explorer window and type %temp% in the address bar). If you sort by file type and look for .lvproj files, the most recent one will be your deployment project. Could you open that up and perhaps send some screenshots and information about what conflicts you see? It might be helpful in figuring out why this is happening.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,409 Views)

Thanks for the response Daniel,

1. I tired making the  teststand workspace  with only the sequence file.  It makes and the  build is also   sucessfull.    

Only that in the deployment system the  sequence file  cannot find files for the  vi's  these files are present in the image

except that they are structured in a different order.

\TestStand Deployment\Image\target\Resources\Tool\VIs for Tool_EAL900_Prog\SupportVIs

\TestStand Deployment\Image\target\Resources\Teststand_TDMS\VIs for TDM_EAL900S\SupportVIs

In the development system the file structure is as below

C:\teststand_Nockengeber\teststand_Projekt\Resources\Tool and then the library file "Tool_EAL900_Prog.lvproj"

2. to your questions

yes the error is from teststand

"LabVIEW: File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file
path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system"

Error Code: -17600

please share any similar experiences

regards

akshay parab

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,403 Views)

Akshay,

Are you using relative or absolute paths to VIs in your sequence file? Typically the Deployment Utility will update these paths to point to the new VI locations. Could you post an example of one of your VI paths that's giving the error?

Also, in my post above I mentioned the Deployment project and its location on disk--could you check that project after your unsuccessful build (the one where you included everything in the workspace) and post screenshots of any conflicts you see in that LabVIEW project file? Perhaps we can figure out why those are occurring.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,366 Views)

Hi Daniel,

well I made a sucessfull Build with only the seq file with the Deploymnet utility

1. I am using relative paths  everywhere.

2.  the error as in the png image is  its not able to find the VI in the Step.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,362 Views)