NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand deployment to Program Files

Hi,

I am trying to make an deployment which contains some folders target to be installed to C:\Program Files. Even though I selected Windows Volume C: as Installation Destination and Program Files as Installation Destination Subdirectory. It always install the folders to C:\Program Files (x86) on target machine. The Teststand version I am using is 2017(32-bit).

Any idea on that?

Thanks a lot!

Br,

Yan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,851 Views)

32-bit applications should be installed to the x86 folder.  That is correct behavior.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,846 Views)

Hi,

Maybe some misunderstanding here. I am making a deployment with Teststand. Not installing Teststand itself. When I want to deploy folders under C:\Program Files, how can I implement it with Teststand Development Utility?

Thanks,

Yan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,834 Views)

Hi, 

If I understood your problem correctly, if the operating system is 64-bit, they will get installed in the Program Files (x86) directory.

See the article below:

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052W-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/64deployinstallers/

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Rob

Message 4 of 4
(1,793 Views)