From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand deployment - cannot find files from LabVIEW instrument library

I have a TestStand Sequence with sub-sequences and each calls a LabVIEW vi from the instrument library.  The main TestStand sequence is verified to have no errors and all LabVIEW vi's are functional.  The issue is with several, not all, LabVIEW vi's from the instr.lib.  These vi's have sub vi's also from the instr.lib.  In general the top vi's and sub vi's are in a project file.  These are OEM vi's that were down loaded from NI web site, so probable not suspect.

I open the deployment utility and create a deployment file, and then select the "build" deployment.  Several errors occur saying the sub vi's cannot be found.  The error list from the "deployment Log" is similar to the following

1. intialize.vi           C:\ .. \ instr.lib \ directory_name1 \  directory_name_2 \ ...

2. sub_init_a.vi           <instrlib> \ directory_name1 \  directory_name_2 \ ...       is missing

3. sub_init_b.vi           <instrlib>  \ directory_name1 \  directory_name_2 \ ...      is missing

It looks like the top file can be found, but sub vi's cannot be found.

I verified the LabVIEW options menu in the deployment utility does not excclude instr.lib

I verified TestStand search path includes instr.lib and sub directories

Thanks, Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,542 Views)

Hi Bruce,

Please take a look at my response to this question in your other forum post.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,518 Views)