From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand and LabVIEW 2012 Compatablilty

Hi,

I am trying to work in TesStand using LabVIEW 2012 32 bit.  I downloaded TestStand 2014 with is listed as being compatable with my version of LabVIEW.  However it gives the following error when I try to insert a VI from LabVIEW "LabVIEW version 12.0 is not installed"

I looked into this and since I have LabVIEW 32 bit I saw that I would need to adjust the configuration in the configuration tab.  I went to configure, adapters, and then I clicked "Configure" with LabVIEW selected.   I checked the "LabVIEW Development System" and then went to "Use Active 32-bit Version: 2012 SP1 f5 (12.0.1) - Not Allowed" (This not allowed was my first hint that this might not work...). 

When I select this anyway it comes up with an error

"Test Stand (64-bit) requires LabVIEW 2013 SP1 or later.  

LabVIEW 2012 (12.0.1f5) is currently active.  

Test stand cannot connect to LabVIEW.

Error Code: -18001, An error occurred accessing the LabVIEW ActiveX automation server."

I am not sure what to do.  I orriginally installed TestStand 16 which gave the same errors, however I am confused with this is still happening in TestStand 2014.  

Any ideas or help that you can give me would be great! 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,765 Views)

You should use 32bit TestStand when working with 32bit LabVIEW.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,744 Views)