NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand and ECU MC Toolkit

Solved!
Go to solution

I use Labview 2012, Teststand 2012, XNET 15.5, DAQmx 15.5.1, ECUMC 15.0 with cDAQ-9171+NI-9862.

This is the setup on my desk PC to write test software for a automotive product.

In the test field is used "Teststand debug deployment environment 2012". I have to install XNET 15.5, DAQmx 15.5.1, ECUMC 15.0 with cDAQ-9171+NI-9862 on the test field PC and I'm not sure if this setup is compatible to my setup.

Are there any differences I have to take into account?

HH
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,219 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HH_2018

I'm not completely sure what you need to know exactly, but my 50 cent:

To write test software (= TestStand sequences) you will have to use the TestStand Development License

If you want to deploy sequences to a system in the field, and run them,

- you have to create a operator interface as EXE or use one of the examples provided with your installation. Probably you will do that already, as operators are not very happy with the sequence editor

- you are not allowed to use the sequence editor for operator actions, but solely for debugging purposes. You agreed to that when you bought the Debug Deployment License

- you copy the sequences to the target

- you copy the driver & sw setup to the target, i.e. using the TestStand Deployment Utility (https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052N-01/tsref/infotopics/deploymentutility_installopttab...)

For your field system you will need to install the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine, you forgot that in the list 🙂

Besides that at least I see no obvious issues. Are there any specific issues you worry about?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,130 Views)