From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand Variable over Network between two Computers

Hello 

I have two computers that running Test on Testunits.

One of them also takes over the control of your climate chamber and the reading of the serial numbers.

Now I have to pass these numbers on to the second computer.

The computers are connected to each other via Ethernet.

Is this possible with the board resources from Teststand?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(703 Views)

Hi Chris2000

You can transfer files from a development computer to a test station computer by using distribution media, by copying files from a local network, or by using email or FTP, depending on the location of the test station computers and available resources.

For more information, please follow this link.

Regards)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(671 Views)

Is it possible to use FTP or Email with only Teststand.

I know i use Shared Variables with Labview but in the current situation i have only Teststand

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(634 Views)

Hi Chris2000

To my knowledge, yes, you can use FTP file transfer step without using LabVIEW. For email transferring there is no such information about that I have found, and I didn't try that yet. Try to test it in your side by using FTP file transfer step.

Regards)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(628 Views)

Hi, 

If you have TestStand on both the machines, you can use Synchronization objects to send the data between machines. 

Quote from the following link - "You can also create a Synchronization object on a specific computer by beginning the name of the object with the computer name, such as \computername\syncobjectname, which you can use to access the Synchronization object from any computer on the network. "

Name - Common Attributes of Synchronization Objects - NI

Also see - Setting Up TestStand for Accessing Synchronization Objects Remotely - NI

Regards, 

Anand Jain

NI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(617 Views)

Chris2000_0-1679034241294.png

is there an example for the use.

Because if i try to use it, i get an Syntax error.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(580 Views)

More information about how to configure the name - Name - Common Attributes of Synchronization Objects - NI

Regards, 

Anand Jain

NI

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(566 Views)