From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand Portable Deploy Problem

Dear Sir

We plan to purchase and promote TS in our company, we are used to release portable software for many years.

Base on TS, we have built our user interface,but we want to keep our way for SW release.

So it is possible to install "NITestStandRTE2016SP1-x86.exe" previous and release portable TS UI and sequence

with all necessay files without manually copy or replace actions.

More questions:

How to specify process module and station module by using relative path.

We use .Net and C++ only, no need Labview and CVI support, how to minimize deploy my portable application.

BR

Tab

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,407 Views)

keep follow with interest

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,370 Views)

Tab,

can you please explain what "portable software" is due to your terminology?

I currently understand that you want to have e.g. a USB stick which includes everything to execute the software on any arbitrary Windows computer.

If that understanding is correct, i am sorry to tell you that this is not working with TestStand.

• TestStand is an ActiveX Server which requires registration on the Windows OS (that is: It requires specific registry entries).
  • On top of that, TestStand requires a software activation using the NI License Manager. You cannot provide an activation on the stick as the license activation queries system information like e.g. the HW-ID of the harddrive and computes a unique "Computer ID" from these values. Activation runs on this Computer ID.
  • Last, but not least, some elements are expected in specific folders. There are options to modify these paths (e.g. config file directory) but i am not sure if this works for all these paths. Beside that, some of the path information is stored in the registry which is in line of the first point i stated.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,356 Views)

Hi Norbert,

I am sorry for missing this post.

I use Teststand,but I don't want use "Deploy Teststand System...",I like separate teststand-run-time and my portable package project , because I am very clear all the files that I needed.

TS Runtime : http://www.ni.com/download/ni-teststand-run-time-system-2016/6247/en/

So I use the code below to specify the models sequence, But it seems doesn't work at all.

axApplicationMgrA.GetEngine().StationOptions.StationModelSequenceFilePath = @"..\Components\Models\TestStandModels

\SequentialModel.seq";

RegistryKey Reg = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey(@"SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\National Instruments\TestStand\16.0", true);
Reg.SetValue("CustomPublicLocation", Environment.CurrentDirectory);
Reg.Close();

And also I don't know how to deal with "cfg",Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,185 Views)

Computer A: Teststand Run-time has been activation.

Computer B: One package with all the files for one project and TS Customize User Interface.

What I want is copy the package from computer B to computer A, and the package can run normal without any setting.

All the setting should be done by the Customize User Interface,such as TestStandModels specify.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,182 Views)