NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand Operator Interface: CommandKind_RunSequences_Set doesnt work with Teststand 2016

Solved!
Go to solution

CommandKind_RunSequences_Set

Hi all,

i would like to know if someone also experience the same issue:

1. I have created a Teststand OI (based on LabVIEW)
2. I have a Teststand's button on my OI:
   - It shall be able connected to Sequence (index "x") in a Sequence File "dummy.seq".
     Sequence (index "x") does: "Do this"
3. It works with:
   LabVIEW 2012 - Teststand 2012
   LabVIEW 2014 - Teststand 2014
   LabVIEW 2015 - Teststand 2015

but not with
   LabVIEW 2016 - Teststand 2016

4. Error -17500 occured once i connect button with "CommandKind_RunSequences_set", and set index "x".
   See picture. In this case, my index x = 2

Configure SequenceFileView Manager.vi.png

5. Once i removed/disable that function, my operator interface does work, but no extra button shown up as before.

6. I have modified also Simple UI example, by adding that function and i can confirm that it didn't work either.

Can someone please tell me if this is a bug or there is something i am not aware of any Teststand 2016's features?

Thanks,

Rajamodol 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,182 Views)

Rajamodol,

Yes, this bug was only recently discovered and is being tracked under CAR 643567. The TestStand team is currently investigating a fix for this.

The only workaround I've found is to use a native control for your button instead. Create a callback to handle the button event and use the API spawn a new execution for your specific sequence.

Trent

National Instruments

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,164 Views)

Well, i can't imagine how many teststand users, especially GUI developers, will be going to complain as we have to do an extra work for this things..

I can't confirm yet if using native control will work but thanks for your quick reply.

Thanks,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,152 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rajamodol

In case it helps, I've attached a simple example. This is a modified shipping example with an event handler for a normal LabVIEW button with the following code:

callback2.png

If you'd rather pick the sequence by index instead of name, you could call GetSequence on the SequenceFile reference

Hope this helps!

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
Message 4 of 4
(3,088 Views)