From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand Multi UUT execution Timing

Dear All,

I am working on Multi uut testsystem where I have to tests 5 UUT in parallel, I am using Labview adapter,with Batch process model and testing energy meters where I have hardware suitable for 5 UUT. My question is My execution timing for 1,2 .And 5 uut at a time is different, Ex.. I an getting 1 UUT tested in 5 minutes and when I starts testing when I start testing 2 UUT at the same time My total execution time for same steps and sequence increases to 7 minutes.

Pl suggest how I can achieve same timing which I am getting for single UUT for more than one UUT execution.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,114 Views)

I'm assuming you don't have any shared hardware, is that correct? Everything is duplicated for each UUT? What kind of report generation or logging are you doing? Not on-the-fly? What version of TestStand? How many steps approximately are there in your test sequence?

Also something to try:

If you run two UUTs at the same time from two separate instances of the sequence editor (i.e. separate processes), do you get a lot closer to 5 minutes for both?

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,106 Views)

Doug, I have shared hardware and it is source calibrator for current and voltage which is wired in parallel to all 5 UUT so that it can source to all UUT at the same time.My report generation is disabled and there is no on-fly report ON.I am doing my report generation using the one labview VI where I formatted report at the end of tests so while running the tests report generation not involved.I have around 65 steps in one sequence which made for calibration.

To get same time of execution for 5 UUT as single UUT do I need to make my labview code module as reentrant? or do I need to make multi thread in labview vi code module like each socket will have separate loop execution inside the VI.? attaching here .seq file for your reference

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,090 Views)

If everything can truly be run in parallel and isn't accessing any global data or instruments that can't be shared in parallel then making your VIs reentrant should help. It is unlikely that you'll get perfect scaling of five UUTs running in exactly the same time as one, but you might be able to get closer. Are you counting your custom report generation in your timing? Can the VI be run reentrantly in parallel?

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,086 Views)