NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand/Labview Instances

Hi,

I have created a teststand sequence which automatically runs through a bunch of labview 8.2.1 Vi's that perform the tests.

I also have recently acquired a cRIO to talk and gather data from our unit that we wish to test. The cRIO sends the data to a labview VI on the main computer which then splits the recieved packet and performs error checking and validation on the data. Once this has been done the data is then placed in global variables.

The problem I have is that if i call my labview VI to perform these tasks from a simple Teststand UI, i think it opens in a different instance to the remainder of the Teststand VI's, including the global variables. This means any data recieved by, or sent to the cRIO doesn't make it to the teststand test modules.

Can anyone show me a way to call a VI from a Teststand UI that opens in the same instance as the VI modules used in Teststand.

I probably haven't explained it too well, as i am still learning.

Regards

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,730 Views)

Hi there,

If you go into the vi properties there should be an option under Execution that defines the "preferred execution system". this needs to be "same as caller" to achieve what you are looking for.

Beyond that, you shouldn't have a problem with the global variables, but if you still do I would suggest that you pass all the variables you need into TestStand and define a number of global variables in there that will pass values to and from the vi's you call.  Might be a little easier to debug also.

Hope this helps

AdamB

Applications Engineering Team Leader | National Instruments | UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,707 Views)