NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand 4.1dispose method error

TestStand 4.1 return error code -17500,  the .NET method Dispose threw an error - method not found.

I did find here that this was reported as a issue with TS4.1. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks!!

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,859 Views)

I do not think the error you are seeing is the same as the one reported in the link you supplied. The error in the link you supplied is just that any object reference variables you pass into a method are freed if the method throws an exception back to teststand. If this is really the cause of the error you are seeing you could work around it by catching the exception on the .NET side and returning the exception info back up to teststand as parameters rather than by throwing the exception back up to TestStand, but again, I do not think this is the issue you are running into. I think the issue you are running into is that you have a parameter marked as Dispose (the dispose checkbox for the parameter checked), yet the object stored there perhaps does not property implement IDispose. Just a guess though. If you can provide more information, or instructions for reproducing the problem, we can better determine the cause.

By the way, the issue you posted a link to is fixed in TestStand 2010.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,848 Views)

Looks like the  IDispose got fixed after I installed .NET framework SP2, intially jst had .NET framework 2.

Thanks Doug.

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,794 Views)