From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand 2019 and "Generate PDF Report" Issue

Howdy all,

I have Teststand 2019 installed on the development workstation and on the test workstation. For this issue, here are the known data:

1. Sequence file used on both workstations - dev and test -- is identical.

2. Configure -> Result Processing -> Report -> Options are identical with the exception of final location (e.g. "$(ClientFileDir)…" vs "F:\\FooData")

Now with these

On the development workstation, I'm able to generate PDF reports (via Configure -> Result Processing -> Report -> Options, checkmark Generate PDF Report). On the test workstation, the same sequence file does not generate PDF reports even when the Generate PDF Report is checked in Config->Result Processing.

Why? 

I've already compared the configuration settings for everything - side by side (development workstation is actually a laptop so I could do that with the test workstation which is a desktop) - and all looked the same.  Is there somewhere else that I may have missed checking?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,282 Views)

Hello

Copy the contents of the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2019\Components\Models" from development to test workstation, just to be sure all settings are the same. (rename your test folder so you can go back if something evil happens)

You can also try to create a deployment app, this will ensure all your dev workstation  data and config is the same as test workstation .

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,182 Views)

A long overdue reply.

Thanks, fcodel111. I'll try what you suggested when I have my time with the test workstation. The deployment app approach sounds more viable and I'll definitely try that angle after trying the copy contents route. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,113 Views)