NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand 2019 / LabVIEW 2019 - Packed library , not locating VIs after update packed library. anybody else?

I'm seeing this problem more and more, really annoying: 

- Teststand step that calls a packed library

- Update the packed library. All is good in LV. 

- Teststand browse the packed library and the NEW or UPDATED VI is not visible. 

- Close Teststand. Re-open. Browse the packed library again and VI is now visible. 

Anybody else seen this? 

I've tried reloading the step, unloading modules, closing LV, etc. nothing works but close TestStand and re-open. 

Sr Test Engineer at American Innovations - LabVIEW CLA - Kudo's are appreciated!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,781 Views)

Theres actually 2 issues here: 

1. (Intermittent) Update a packed library, then TestStand not seeing the additions until TestStand closed/re-opened. 

2. (Intermittent) Existing steps that are calling the updated packed library report can't find the code module. Have to re-browse the updated packed library and find the  code module again.  

Sr Test Engineer at American Innovations - LabVIEW CLA - Kudo's are appreciated!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,722 Views)

Hi, 

We have reproduced issue 1 when the LV adapter is configured to use the LV Run-Time Engine and I think issue 2 might be related. 

During our testing we found that issue 1 does not occur if the LV adapter is configured to use the LV Development System. 

As a workaround, is it possible for you to use LV Development System for your development?

Regards, 

Anand Jain

NI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,715 Views)

Hi Anand_Jain, 

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. 

Is this fixed in '20? 

If not: Are there CARs for this bug? 

[EDIT #2 TO REMOVE SNARK]

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,710 Views)

Now that I'm painfully intune with this process I see a 3rd failure mode: 

Issue #3: After updating a packed library, the sequence step will see the code module but complain about "prototype changed or broken code module".  Closing then Re-Opening TestStand then browse again to the packed library code module , error is resolved. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,699 Views)

Hi, 

This bug is tracked with Bug #1106039. As I mentioned earlier, the current workaround is to configure the LV adapter to use the LV development system for your development. 

Regards, 

Anand Jain

NI

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,624 Views)

this is a deployment system, so cant do that. 

the only workaround I find is to painfully fix this issue by closing teststand then re-opening and going through every broken step and re-browsing to the code module.

obviously this problem is compouned^N when the PPL in question is being used by mutliple steps across multiple sequences! 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,616 Views)

Hi, mwatkins!

Could you provide a set of steps and the TS/LV files required to reproduce the issue you're seeing? If possible, can you also provide a short video of this issue occurring? It need not be your actual test material, but anything that can consistently show the issue you're seeing will suffice.

If you can provide the items I mentioned above, send them to Anand_Jain who posted a comment earlier in this thread.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,549 Views)