From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testsocket index of a new Execution: how to get the Testsocket index of the caller

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I need to get the Testsocket Index inside of a called Sequence (called as new execution with the sequential model). It seems that this variable: RunState.Testsocket.MyIndex is filled in this case with 0 and the count with 1. In the calling sequence these values are filled correctly.  

I also tested it with the parallel model (and the same sequence)  and the result was 4 new executions, so instead of 4, I now have 4x4 🙂 .....

If I do not use a process modell the reporting is not triggered (at least that's my understanding).

Is there any way how to get the testsocket index of the caller (like RunState.Engine.....caller.getTestsocket.MyIndex()  ??)

Otherwise I need to work with parameters and this means a complete new approach (different Syntax, different way to meassure execution time, etc...)

Thanks for your Help

Best Regards

Matthias   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,333 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author run321

Hi Matthias,

When you call a step in a new execution, you can store back an object reference to the new execution:

image.png 

image.png

So, you first create a variable of type Object Reference to hold this reference. Then, in the post expression for the sequence call, you can attach a new attribute to the execution object that contains the caller's socket index. In order for this to work, you have to explicitly cast the new execution object to a Property Object. 

image.png

Then, just use an expression to fetch that attribute into a convenient variable inside the new execution (again, you need to explicitly cast to a property object here to leverage the attributes).

image.png

You can find a simple example that just reports out the parent socket in a message popup attached to this post.

Regards,
Message 2 of 2
(2,284 Views)