NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestsStand Crashes

Hello, I have a sequence that uses a lot of .NET code modules, and sometimes it suddenly crashes. I'm wondering: is it possible that these crashes are due to missing set of object references to nothing?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(752 Views)

These issues can be tricky to troubleshoot.  Steps to troubleshoot issues like this:

1. Repeatability - is the issue repeatable.  In other words can you cause it to crash doing the same thing every time or is it completely random
  2. Isolation - hone in on exactly what is causing the crash.  Remove code that you know isn't contributing.  Create prototype/demo code that could possibly reproduce the issue but with just a couple steps.  
  3. Identify - Once you isolate and make the issue repeatable then you can identify what is causing it.  It could be a null reference, it could be a missing dependency that is only seen during a certain condition, it could be an IT update.... who knows?  But until you isolate it and make it repeatable we can't identify it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but I know nothing about the .NET assemblies you are consuming in your test and I know nothing about your code and how you are calling things.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(716 Views)