NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand depoyment issues - Failed to load VI

I'm having trouble deploying a Teststand system.  I'm not using the Teststand deployment, I'm using my code repository to deploy my project.  It works fine under my login, but other users get an error when it tries to run some of the VIs.  They get an error that says "Failed to load VI".  Most other VIs run just fine and I can't see any pattern to the VIs that won't run.  I've checked my personal folders to make sure there is nothing in them that would be unavailable to other users.  Virus protection and firewalls are turned off.  My development license is disabled and the deployment license is active.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,853 Views)

Hello OregonGumby2,

When you're talking about your login, it's about Windows login ? If so, check the LabVIEW cache object. It is profile dependant, so if you'e are using another Windows user, profile changes, and the LabVIEW cache is different.

Are you installing LabVIEW as support for your code module ?

One workarround consist in copying the LabVIEW cache folder content from your profile to the others (I don't remeber the exact path).

You may also try to do a mass compile of your VIs + LabVIEW's VIs on each user sessions (may take some time).

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,810 Views)

Yes, I'm referring to different windows logins not working.

LabVIEW is installed as support for the code module.  I copied the LabVIEW Data folder that is in my user documents folder to the documents folder for the other logins.  This has a folder: VIOBjCache.  Is that the cache you're talking about?  Copying the LabVIEW Data folder did not fix the issue.

I have a network license that won't allow me to compile under any other login, so I'm not able to compile under different windows logins.  I tried doing a mass compile under my login but that didn't help.

Do you know any Teststand experts at NI?  Most of the phone support people don't know much about Teststand.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,789 Views)

I would check the search directories.  I wonder if this is something where TestStand can search in, say, "My Documents" and it works in your account, but not in others.  You might have to make your user directory a specific search directory in TestStand.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,774 Views)