From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand database on vista

I  select open database logging,but it can't work.The Acess file is empty. I can sure all of the configure is right.So I copy .seq to another computer which is install windows XP,it's OK.

My TestStand version is 4.0.Is this a bug when using Vista?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,874 Views)

Denny,

TestStand 4.0 does not officially support Windows Vista, so there is no guarantee that any features of TestStand will work.  TestStand 4.1 (evaluation available here:  https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/teststand3/content.xhtml) is completely compatible with Vista, so will work.

In your case, I'm betting that the problem is that the access database is in the Program Files directory.  On Windows Vista, the Program Files directory is not writable except by administrators.  If you launch the TestStand Sequence Editor with administrator access, it will be able to write to the database.  Although this might fix your problem, I really don't recommend using TestStand 4.0 with Vista as we had to make many changes to ensure compatibility.

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,862 Views)

Thanks,josh.

I will try it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,843 Views)