From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand cannot locate a LabVIEW Run-Time Engine of version '9.0' and bitness '64-bit'.

So as a start I'm still pretty new at Labview and Test-stand in general but I'm hoping there's a solution to these errors.

To give some context we used to have a computer that ran this sequence but in time was reformatted and used somewhere else, now we need to start up this project again but I am having issues getting the test stand to run the sequence. It was created back in 2012 so quite old and I have the latest test stand installed on this laptop so not sure if that is busy creating an issue with running it. I've attached some screenshots of the error's and as well as the computer specs.

Any advice as to how I can go to solving this problem?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,488 Views)

Whether both the LabVIEW and TestStand are running in  64 bit?

If both are running in different bitness (32 and 64), it wont work in RTE.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,429 Views)

Hi,

Windows has this thing where you can't mix 64-bit and 32-bit components in the same process.  It seems that you are using Teststand (64-bit) and are trying to call a vi using a 32-bit runtime engine.  This isn't going to work.  Try installing (or using if it's already installed), the 32-bit version of Teststand.  That should resolve your problem.  

Check this out:  https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kEptSAE&l=de-DE

Hope that helps...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,424 Views)