From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand adding a comma to Step Names

Solved!
Go to solution

Has anyone ever seen TestStand mysteriously add a comma to end of step names while executing?

As you can see from the images, the step names in the actual sequence do not have commas at the end while in the executing display, one has been added on the first two steps. This is causing problems because the step parameters are pulled form variables based on the step name using an expression (Locals.TestLimits[Step.Name].Max_Value). With the comma added, it's can't find the correct varaible. Note the Report error below refering to the step name with the comma.

Comma in Name.JPG

Comma in Name Report.JPG

I had just changed all the steps over to custom step types. Everything was working when I had all the steps just as individual actions or tests in the sequence.

I've renamed the steps, deleted them and recreated them from scratch and still get the commas.

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,080 Views)

Hello, just to confirm, those step types are custom?  Also, what are the first three steps doing?  If you could attach your program so you could give others opportunity to troubleshoot or to see if they too are getting the same issue that would be great.

Jonathan R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,040 Views)

I've created a small test sequence that is doing the same thing. Everything should be in the attached zip file. No custom Step Types in this one. The VI's are just empty shells of the originals with the same UI items. 

I do get the same issue on a different machine. 

The steps are just numeric limit tests

Comma in Name_02.JPG

Comma in Name Report_02.JPG

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,010 Views)

The Get Step Names step in the setup is adding the comma.  What is your goal with that step?

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,999 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EdDickens

Maybe you meant just + "," instead of += ","?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 5 of 6
(4,996 Views)

Good catch Jigg.

Not sure how I missed it. Guess I need to get my eyes checked. 😉

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,992 Views)