From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand UI: SequenceFileViewMgr missing "Test UUTs" and "Single Pass" references.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I'm building a TestStand UI and I would like to add the three run buttons (Test UUTs, Single Pass and Run Sequence) to the interface. But I can't find the first two. What are these called when using the "CommandKinds" enumeration?

I located "Run MainSequence" as CommandKind_RunCurrentSequence.

These I cannot find:

"Test UUTs"

"Single pass"

How do I bind these functions to buttons using SequenceFileViewMgr?

-Kim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,203 Views)
Solution
Accepted by kim_schrader

"Test UUTs" and "Single Pass" are what we call "execution entry points". These are defined by the process model.

The GUI using the manager and visible controls expose "execution entry point indices". That means that depending on the used model, the button will read a label from a configuration file (language files) and displays it.

Refer to the default GUI examples (simple and full-featured) to see how this works.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 5
(2,188 Views)

Hi

Thanks a lot , I got it working when I looked up "Execution entry points". 

BTW: Where is the *full* TS UI example located? I can't seem to find it in my installation of LabView/TestStand 2017. It does not appear to be located where the simple interface is installed(?) Can it be downloaded somewhere?

-Kim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,160 Views)

Hi

Just a quick screenshot if anybody else would like to see the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,158 Views)

You should have the User Interface folder installed in TestStand directories (even exposed to the Windows start menu).

Inside that folder, you should have two subfolders:

- Simple

- Full-featured

Both examples (templates) are provided in five programming languages each.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,154 Views)