NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Results Database Logging

Hi, I am curious how many TestStand users configure data logging to a database and if so:

1) What database do you use?

2) Do you use the generic TestStand database schema?

3) What tool(s) do you use to review the data once it is stored in the database?

Thanks!

CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,167 Views)

1) What database do you use?

MS SQL Server (we mimicked the built in access database)

2) Do you use the generic TestStand database schema? Yes

3) What tool(s) do you use to review the data once it is stored in the database? Custom written apps or Excel.  We have various individuals in our org that get the data in different ways.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 4
(5,132 Views)

I don't use databases in my current project work but I have in the past.

1) What database do you use? MySQL database

2) Do you use the generic TestStand database schema? Used a modified version of the schema - only 2 tables in the database, uut_results & step results.with some addtional logging not in the orignal uut_results & step results schema

3) What tool(s) do you use to review the data once it is stored in the database? MySQL workbench - plans to build a LabVIEW GUI for this never matrialised.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,049 Views)

Thank you for your replies.

1) We use MS SQL  Server.

2) We use the generic TestStand database schema with the addition of one table.  We want to store the report that TestStand generates in this table as a binary object.  Does anyone have any experience doing this?  We are leaning toward doing this with text reports but are wondering if the XML or HTML reports would work.

3) We have written a custom retrieval tool in LabVIEW.  It queries the database for all tables and their relationships.  The database schema can be modified (following a few assumptions) without having to modify the retrieval tool.  The table names are displayed in a tree view.  The user can select a table in the tree and retrieve the data from the table.  The user can apply filters to the retrieved data.  It is modeled after the View builder in MS SQL Management Studio.  We still need to incorporate the ability to retrieve and display the TestStand reports.

Thanks again!  It is helpful to hear what other developers are doing.

CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,030 Views)