NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Report in xUnit format

Hello,

I need to get NI TestStand reports in xUnit format.
Is there any possibility to generate the reports directly in xUnit format or to convert already generated reports (XML or other format) to xUnit?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,279 Views)

Hey Rette01, 

We do not provide built-in support for the xUnit format, but you do have a few options for creating the files you're looking for. I'm assuming you are referring to the XML format of xUnit results. Here are your two main choices:

1) You could write a conversion tool to convert a TestStand XML report into an xUnit report. You would need to examine a TestStand report to make decisions about how to map tags from our report format to the xUnit format, but assuming the data itself is similar, this could work. An advantage to this is that you could convert any reports you already have into the xUnit format.

2) You could create a process model plugin to directly generate the report in the xUnit format. This would require more development in TestStand, but would result in a more integrated solution, where you would have another option on your Configure > Result Processing screen for the xUnit report generator. I might recommend this approach if generating the xUnit reports is something that you will do across your company as a standardized process. You can read more about creating model plugins on this help page.

I hope this helps, and please let us know if you have any more questions about it!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,260 Views)