NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Remote LV Calls

I'm calling LV VIs on a remote server and I've ran across an issue when calling them remotely through Test Stand.

This is a multi-DUT test set and for the most part, each DUT has its own remote PC that I call the VI on and everything works fine.

In one particular instance, I need all the executions to call the same VI on one of the remote PCs... ideally, with the VI set to reentrant, test stand would call these at the same time in parallel... which I can do using a test VI and VI server, however TestStand seems to call them sequentially.  When the VIs are ran on different remote PCs, then TestStand runs them properly in parallel.

Has anyone ran across this issue?  Does anyone have any solution to fix this directly in TestStand without having to write a wrapper that's called locally to call the remote VIs?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,992 Views)

Hey Michael,

We just tried a simple case of this, and in general it should be possible to run these VIs concurrently on the same machine. It's possible that there is something in the VI that is preventing it from running concurrently (for example, if something in the VI blocks the LabVIEW UI thread). Do you have simple code that reproduces the issue that you could share with us? I would be happy to take a look at it and try to reproduce your issue on my machine.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,967 Views)