NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Open Sequence Error

Hi All,

I am not sure why the following is happening. Can anybody throw some light? (The sequence file path string contains the absolute path to a valid sequence file)

TestStand Open Sequence Error.png

Thanks,

Saranya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,456 Views)

I don't think you can open a sequence before running the Start Method for the TestStand Application manager.  (i.e. TestStand must be running before opening a sequence file.)  I know that you can run the "GetSequenceFileEx" method on a sequence but to open it requires that TestStand is actually running.

Pulido Technologies LLC

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,451 Views)

Wouldn't adding the Start method open a new instance of TestStand?

Probably, I am doing this all wrong.

Simply put, I want to open a sequence file in the TestStand Sequence Editor through TS API from LabVIEW. Can anybody provide some links/suggestions on this?

Thanks,

Saranya

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,448 Views)

I haven't tried this, but this may work:

open seq from context.PNG

But it sounds like you already have TestStand open and you want TestStand to just open a sequence.  I would suggest adding an ActiveX step to TestStand.

open seq from TS API.PNG

Pulido Technologies LLC

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,432 Views)

Hi Saranya,

Have you tried adding a Start invode node?

Start.PNG

Regards,

Charlie

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,424 Views)

Hi Charlie,

Inserting the Start node is like opening a new instance of TestStand engine and pops the authentication dialog of TestStand. So adding the Start method does not apply here.

The method suggested by pulidotech would work only if I wanted to launch a sequence from another sequence. This is also NOT my requirement. I want to initiate the entire process of opening a sequence from LabVIEW and not from TestStand.

Any other suggestions, please?

Thanks,

Saranya

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,411 Views)

To open a sequence, you need to have TestStand running in some capacity, either open in editor mode or by using the Start method.  Perhaps you could give a little more detail about your needs for opening a sequence and the context for why it needs to be done this way.

Pulido Technologies LLC

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,402 Views)