NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Deployment: "Save Modified VIs?" problem.

Hi,

I think I can explain why its happened but not why you had VI's and Ctrls in the SupportVIs and yet there were still links to the vi.llb.

Removing them from SupportVIs has now forced a search for the missing Vs and Ctrls during the mas compile. Luckly the first copies were found back in the vi.llb. Now in your build you have only one location which allows the build to complete successfully.

As to why you ended up with several duplicate locations and why the deployment tool didn't relink all to the copy in SupportVIs. Maybe there are some locked VIs in the Hierarchy.

Are you able to identify where Trim WhiteSpace.vi is used in your Hierarchy?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 33
(1,690 Views)

I have LV 0210 and TS 2010, and I'm facing the same problem. Whereas I don't have any _SupportVIs folder. I created LV project which includes all the VIs required for TS deployment and removed conflicts. But still the error remains as it is.

How can I find the duplicate VIs/Ctrls if any? Is there any other way to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33
(1,393 Views)

Hi,

What is the error you are getting, maybe post the error log from the deployment tool.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33
(1,390 Views)

The error popups come one after another. These are attached in Error.zip attachment. Tried doing Mass compilation, removing duplicate vis, removing conflicts, still didn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33
(1,372 Views)

Make sure you have compiled the TestStand folder as well, not just the LabVIEW folders

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33
(1,373 Views)

Thank you for reply. Please elaborate which TS folders are needed to compile. I've compiled VIs in TS project. Are these error popups familiar, which I attached in last post.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33
(1,361 Views)

Do you have the log generated by the deployment tool.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(1,359 Views)

Here is TSDU log.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33
(1,358 Views)

Is there any resolution on this issue?  Disappointing that it has been around for almost 2 years with no resolution...

I'm having the same issue with the following setup:

LabVIEW 2010

TestStand 4.2.1

I've installed all of the appropriate patches, and the system runs fine with the Development Version of LabVIEW selected.  As soon as I switch to the RunTime Engine for LabVIEW, I start getting VIs that do not load.

I have traced my problem all the way down to the "Simple Error Handler", if I remove it from my VI, it loads in TestStand.  If I put it back, it does not load.  So the recommendation is to build a TestStand Deployment so that the rollback will be included with the build (which makes no sense to me, if they are 2 NI products, how can they be so exclusive???).

Anyways, I'm now not able to build a distribution because TestStand gives me an error that it can't find one of my unique files, but it's right there!!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(1,332 Views)

Eric -

Could you please post a screenshot of the error you receive when you change the LabVIEW Adapter to run VIs using the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine? When you say, "the recommendation is to build a TestStand Deployment so that the rollback will be included in the build", what do you mean by "the rollback"?

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(1,316 Views)