NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Deployment Utility Error -19056

I'm receiving a cryptic error when Building a deployment. 

Error -19056Error -19056

• Sequence Analyzer is OK
  • The offending VI opens without issue
  • This same VI is used in other sequences included in this deployment
  • I have deleted/re-created the Action step indicated
  • I have copied the Action step from another sequence in the deployment
  • This error code has no entry in TestStand 2014 help. 
  • image.png

I have successfully ran the deployment utility before. 

Any ideas?

Sr Test Engineer at American Innovations - LabVIEW CLA - Kudo's are appreciated!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,869 Views)

UPDATE:

Rebooted the development machine and build successful!  Smiley Frustrated

Sr Test Engineer at American Innovations - LabVIEW CLA - Kudo's are appreciated!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,853 Views)

UPDATE:

If I close TestStand, LabVIEW, TestStand Deploy Utility then re-open I can build successful. 

I would still like to know what error -19056 means but it is not my code thats the problem, something in memory is causing a problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,809 Views)

@mwatkins,

I'll see if I can find anything on this internally. You might want to consider re-posting this in a new thread since the second post could have appeared as a solution / resolved thread and caused people to stop following.

Thank You,

Brandon C 

Applications Engineer 

=

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,794 Views)

Hi Brandon, 

Any updates?  I'm curious what that error # means and, of course, if I am doing something wrong that is causing the error. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,760 Views)

@mwatkins,

The only history I could find of other people with this issue was somebody who noticed that the TestStand was calling the wrong code modules. They modified the code modules and he was able to deploy the sequence.

Was this working at one point and then stopped? 

Could you double check that the correct code modules are being called?

Thank You,

Brandon 

Applications Engineer 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,743 Views)

Was this working at one point and then stopped? 

Like I said, the code modules are not being modified just have to use the workarounds to make it create the deployment.

Could you double check that the correct code modules are being called?

Yes they are.. 🙂

I was hoping you could find that error code -19056 means something specific. Thanks for looking into it

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,719 Views)

I'm actually going to have a chat with R&D to get some documentation for that error code, thank you so much for bringing this to our attention!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,715 Views)

Unfortunately, there's not much specific about that error code- it just means that there is something wrong with the code module specified by the step. It will happen under the condition that LabVIEWModule.GetVIAbsolutePath returns false.

This doesn't sound too far off:

@mwatkins wrote:

...I would still like to know what error -19056 means but it is not my code thats the problem, something in memory is causing a problem

It could be a conflict between app instances. You said the same VI is used in other sequences in the deployment - are they all specified in the same way (either with or without a project path)?

If you can figure out how to reproduce this issue in a shareable way, please attach the code and i'll look into improving error handling for this particular case.

-Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,704 Views)

Hi,

Any more idea on this issue ?

I'm facing the same problem here !

On my side, It seems that it happens only to VI called without lv project path specified. Specifying a project path to these modules makes TestStand to hang if the LV adapter is set to RTE.

If set to LV IDE, the modification doesn't make LV to hang. So I've got to specify the lvproject, close TS, reopen TS, change the LV adapter to use the RTE. Then save the workspace, and then try to build. If a build fail (for any reason), I must restart the machine to make it work. But sometimes it is not sufficient, and I loose days trying to compile.

Again, the VI called are 100% runnable, nothing is broken, the analysis of the TSW and the sequences are OK. Error only happens when building the image.

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,205 Views)