From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Debug License activation problem, wrong version?

Purchased a TestStand Debug license.  Developer Suite license is under a support contract, so I have TestStand versions 3.0, 3.1, 3.5, and I am currently finishing development of a project using TestStand 3.1.  When I attempted to use the Serial Number for my TestStand Debug license to generate a code on the Web, the process failed and I got a message;

Serial Number _________ was not found OR does not match the
     product or version you're trying to activate.

If I attempt to activate for TestStand version 3.0, then I successfully get a code.  But, the code will not work on my PC to activate TestStand [ver 3.1].

I would hope that the license that I purchased would allow me to install/debug TestStand regardless of what version I may have subsequently upgraded to . . . .    Can anybody tell me, is there something I can do differently to successfully activate TestStand 3.1, or does NI think that I will spend another $1,500 for a new license?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,689 Views)
Rich,

Please go to http://www.ni.com/support/ and create a new service request so that a support engineer will be able to discuss the issue with your specific serial number.  If you are creating an email service request, make sure to put in "Activating my product" for the question type dropdown box.

Regards,

Andrew W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,670 Views)