From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Component Locator Database Editor - can't set crosshairs

The help file in the Component Locator Database Editor says
"Select a component from the list. Use the image scrollbars to center the component in the image. Set the magnification with the zoom controls so the details of the image such as the component identifiers are easily visible. Set the mouse cursor on the item in the image and left click. A crosshair will appear on the image at the cursor position and the coordinates and magnification will be entered into the table next to the item. This process may be repeated to re-enter the data."

I can't get this to work.  I select the component.  I can see the crosshairs at the bottom left of the picture.  I can't get the crosshairs to move.

Does this work?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,711 Views)

Calibrated image using inches doesn't work.

Calibrated image using microinches DOES work.

(Of course, the microinches are limited to 1000000, so I have to divide the object dimensions by 10)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,701 Views)

This doesn't sound like National Instruments TestStand, if it's something from Sierra Instruments then you would be better to contact them or the supplier of this equipment.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,689 Views)