From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand API: What is the name of the Multiple Numeric Limit Test ->Numeric Format?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have accessed all the listed properties  in the NI_LimitMeasurement definition.  However, the numeric format appears to be missing.  It's not at the step level, and it's not in the MNLT object or the individual results (or at least it's not listed in the documentation here: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052AA-01/tsref/infotopics/test_step_types_mnl_test/)

A) Where is this set?

B) How would I find it?  Is there a method or property that allows me to list the values available?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,005 Views)

Thought I found it as a property, but I get an error instead.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,004 Views)

Step Settings, Limits Tab, to the right there should be "Numeric Format".  %2.1f is a custom example format.  The drop down box has standard settings.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(960 Views)

Thanks for the reply- but I was looking for the API programming access to set that value.

However!  I figured it out late last night.  I found a single post that discussed setting it in another context, and it's an undocumented set of method calls/properties on the Data object.  Somewhat frustrating that it's not fully documented.

I'll post the solution when I get to work.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(956 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Jed_Davidow

Here's my solution; please comment if you think it can be improved

(Edit, adding keywords:  Teststand Programmatically Edit Multiple Numeric Limit Test LabVIEW API)

TS editing example.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(951 Views)