From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 3.5 project on Windows 10

Hello, 

I know TestStand 3.5 is not officially supported in Windows 10, anyone tried to Install and run projects created with 3.5 on WIN10 and succeeded? Worth a try?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(877 Views)

Hi,

One of the major reasons why it will not work is the transistion from Windows XP to Windows 7 and upwards.

In XP when you isntall your software  (older TestStand) it will install the files in program files directory.All the configurations files were in this directory only and fot modified in the same path.

In Win 7 and upwards this directory was made read only.So all the configuration files were moved to a different folder ( public) which was writeable.So basically read only files were left in program files and editable files of TestStand moved to public folders.

Besides there will be underlyilng MS libraries which would have been upgraded in Windows 10 and not compatible with the ones used in TS 3.5.

So maybe you can try running in admin mode in case you are able to install it succesfully.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(828 Views)

Thanks Ravi, I think the read-only issue can be solved when I run as admin as you suggested but I'm facing a major issue now which prevents me from trying, I can't get a hold of TestStand 3.5 image. I have 2 full licenses which don't seem to be enough to download the installation disk from NI website, they are sending me to purchase a support agreement in order to download the software that I bought.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(812 Views)

@VGIT wrote:

Thanks Ravi, I think the read-only issue can be solved when I run as admin as you suggested but I'm facing a major issue now which prevents me from trying, I can't get a hold of TestStand 3.5 image. I have 2 full licenses which don't seem to be enough to download the installation disk from NI website, they are sending me to purchase a support agreement in order to download the software that I bought.

Unfortunately, you need an active SSP in order to get access to an older version of products or the latest updates.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(808 Views)