NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[TestStand 3.5] How do I 'destroy' a rendezvous object?

I have a test application where rendezvous are used to synchronize certain test steps - however, not all units under test run the same test steps depending on the cycle number, so in (for example) cycle 2, the number of threads for the rendezvous is different than cycle 1.

However, when the second cycle comes around, a TestStand exception is thrown saying that "The Rendezvous <RendezvousName> already exists with a different number of threads>" which looks like it could only happen if the rendezvous object from the previous cycle was still somehow considered 'active' or 'existing' by TestStand. This error pops up even when the Rendezvous Lifetime is set to "Same as Sequence" and the Sequence File Option is set to "Unload After Sequence Executes", so I'm not really sure why the error is being thrown.

Does anyone know how I can manually 'destroy' or clear out, or otherwise clean up the rendezvous object so that it doesn't persist (apparently) between cycles?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,159 Views)

If you have the lifetime set to same as sequence in all of the test socket executions, then they all have to finish executing that sequence before you can recreate a rendezvous with the same name. Depending on what model you are using or what your sequence files are doing, you might have to synchronize that yourself so that you wait until all of the existing sequences complete before trying to recreate the rendezvous. There are many ways to do this, but without more information about what process model you are using and exactly what synchronization your are doing between your executions and threads, it's hard for me to recommend an exact implementation.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,134 Views)