From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 3.1/3.5 under WIndows 7

Anyone has solved or patched the annoying problem of the sequenze menu ring of TS 31 and TS 35 under Window 7 ? I'm referring to the problem in scrolling, when you expand the menu only one row is deiplayed and you have to scroll on one row !!! I'd like to explain to National Instrument that many customer has PC with windows 7 but they have to use old version of TS (like 3.1 or 3.5) and this is a very big problem in developing apps.

Thank you to all.

Massimo Ponte

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,102 Views)

TestStand 3.1 and 3.5 are not supported on Windows 7.  If you would like to use those versions, we recommend using a supported version of Windows, such as XP.  If you can only develop on Windows 7, then TestStand 4.2.1 is the first version to support it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,099 Views)

Hello Massimo,

AlleP fully provided for clarify your question. Moreover, let me point you to a useful Knowledgebase explaining the National Instruments product compatibility for Windows 7. I hope it could help:

National Instruments Product Compatibility for Microsoft Windows 7

Please, feel free to write back if you need additional support.

Best regards

Matteo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,016 Views)

I know that, but I'm a supplier of a big Automotive company that has many test benches with TS 3.1 or TS 3.5 and they don't want to spend money to upgrade TS on that systems but I have to continue to develop application on my PC with windows 7; a company like NI should think to this type of problems. Try to propose to a big company to upgrade 60-100 systems because of a little problem with old TS version.......

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,014 Views)

Hey Massimo,

I agree with you that it could be difficult to plan a system upgrades on several hundreds of machines. The upgrade/maintenance for a software framework is a very critical task for a company. However it doesn't explain how your company upgraded your Operative Systems without worrying about the Development System's compatibility. Anyway, you can easily workaround your issue by installing a Virtual Machine containing an XP OS and TestStand 3.1/3.5. Refer to following useful links:

WMware - Support and Licence

Have a nice day!

Bye

Matteo
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,008 Views)

seica1,

As Logan suggests, a virtual machine is probably the easiest solution for you. I recall Microsoft was even supporting that as a way to run older programs on Windows 7 so Windows 7 might even have some built in support for this. Also there are many virtual machine products out there, another one to consider is Virtualbox.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,994 Views)

I found a link to Microsoft's "XP Mode" for Windows 7. I think it's basically using their virtual machine software to run XP in a virtual machine.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,989 Views)
Hi,
Just few days ago i manage to install my tester to windows 7. What i have try to solve the compatibility issue, i was installing visual studio 6 first in the pc, and after that start to install test stand 3.0. So far the tester can works properly.who knows it can solve the issue at your site.

Note. My tester is using simple application. Only controlling dcpower supply agilent and also multimeter, with plc communication(modbus).
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,295 Views)