NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 2010 SP1 on Windows 10

Does anyone know if TestStand 2010 will run on Windows 10? I have installed it but when I run it, nothing happens. I can watch the process in Task manager but it eventually just goes away.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,567 Views)
Since it should be pretty obvious that TestStand 2010 was released long before Windows 10, you ought to know that it is not supported. You are going to be on your own, I suspect.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,564 Views)

Check out this site:

http://www.ni.com/teststand/product_lifecycle/

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,559 Views)

I agree that it wouldn't be supported but I was just curious if anyone had successfully used it on Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,558 Views)

To Skeptical -

The issue that you are hitting is likely described by the following KnowledgBase article:

TestStand 2010 SP1 or Previous Fails to Launch on a Windows 8 System

If I remember correctly the underlying cause is that Windows 8 (and Windows 10) prevent installers from installing .NET Framework 3.5 (2.0 and 3.0), and prompt the end user to download and install this feature using the Windows OS. The issue is that TestStand requires the full version of .NET and Windows only installs the client version. As such there are required files missing once TestStand completes its installation. By installing .NET 3.5 first, Windows allows TestStand to install the additional required files.

The article suggests installing .NET 3.5 first before TestStand, or doing a repair installation of TestStand. You could also uninstall TestStand, install .NET 3.5, and then install TestStand.

NI does not support TestStand 2010 SP1 on Windows 8 or Windows 10. I am also not aware of any other specific bugs that should prevent TestStand 2010 from running on Windows 8 (or Windows 10), but we have not done this testing to know for sure.

Hope this helps.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,439 Views)