cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 2010 SP1 - Expression switches the keyboard layout

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

we are switching from TestStand 2010 to TestStand 2010 SP1, and today I noticed the follow behavior.

If I place the cursor in an Expression of a step, the keyboard layout switches from german (DE) to englisch (US).

You can imagine that's very unfavorable to program.The problem occurs on several machine running WindowsXP.

Funnily enough on a pc with Win7, all is looking good. Furthermore I can't discover such behavior on previous versions of TestStand.

Has somebody an idea?

Thanks in advance

Carsten

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,590 Views)

Carsten -

We changed the implementation in TestStand 2010 SP1 to resolve an issue that occurred when the Hebrew language layout is installed on the machine. You may be encountering this behavior because of this change in implementation if you have the Hebrew language layout installed.

Can you verify if you have Hebrew installed? If you do not, then something else is causing this behavior and we will need to investigate it more closely.

I look forward to your response.

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,565 Views)

Manooch -

we don't have installed the hebrew language on our machines.

It seems there is another problem 😞

Carsten

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,550 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kgs

It looks like this is unexpected behavior that is a side effect of new functionality we added in TestStand 2010 SP1. I have informed our R&D team of this behavior. To work around this issue in the meantime, you can execute a Statement step that contains the following expression:

RunState.Engine.ConfigFile.Data.SetValUnsignedInteger64("ExpressionEditOptions.AutoLanguageOptions", 1, 0x2ui64),
RunState.Engine.ConfigFile.IncChangeCount(),
RunState.Engine.ConfigFile.SaveFileIfModified(false)

Hope this helps.

Manooch H.
National Instruments
Message 4 of 5
(3,471 Views)

Hi Manooch

Thanks for pointing out this workaround.

This is working well on TS4.5.1  XP maschines

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,115 Views)