NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestSockets.Disbled states access

Hello,

I am having a batch mode application running 4 UUTs at a time in TestStand.

In one of my subsequence I am trying to do temperature control. My test station only has one controller so I am running this temperature controller subsequence in one thread only while skipping others. I am using all 4 UUT temperatures Thermocouple and I need to make sure all 4 TCs are reading within range temperature before I command the controller for next step, or keep waiting.

In my application sometimes I will run less than 4 UUTs in a batch. Let's say if I am only running 3 UUTs, I want to be able to program it such that it only reads 3 thermocouple temperatures instead of 4 to determine next step to the controller. I don't want thermocouples not attached to an UUT to be taken into account in this case. If the operator disabled one socket to run only 3 UUTs at the beginning SN entry windows, I believe TestStand is storing TestSocket.Disabled states somewhere. I would like to access this data to drive what to do. please let me know inside a running subsequence how can I access TestSocket.Disabled states for all my TestSockets.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,566 Views)

It sounds like some steps in the subsequence should be one thread only and some shouldn't. Can you run the subsequence in all threads, but mark the steps inside that need it to be one thread only?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,548 Views)

I'm not sure ModelData.TestSockets is available outside of PreBatch and some other callbacks.  I would just create a FileGlobal that can be accessed by all of your threads that stores the Test socket disabled status.  (be sure to check All Executions share the same fileglobals.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,520 Views)