NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test stand user interface creation.

Hi All,

can anybody explain me, how to create user interface from Teststand only. Does Teststand provide this feature?

I per my knowledge , User interface will be created from Labview/labwindows/C# etc.... and used in Teststand.

Please provide me any example code if you have. Thank you.

This is for one of my requirement where I need to call multiple sequence files using  test stand user interface.

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,533 Views)

You can find a Full-Featured and a Simple User Interface provided with TestStand. This comes complete with source code.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052R-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/uis_example/

NI recommend that you start with either the Full-Featured or the Simple UI and apply you changes.

There are also examples and tutorials which you can find on the NI Website by just doing a simple search.

e.g. http://www.ni.com/example/14284/en/

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,520 Views)

Thanks Rayfarmer for your reply.

Just to reframe my question. Can we create a user interface in test stand (similar to what we do in Labview) without using Labview , Labwindows, etc.

Background:

We have an existing application where Labview user interface call NI test stand sequences. I need to remove the Labview user interface here and add test stand user interface. So that I can avoid Labview.

Please Guide me.

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,514 Views)

TestStand isn't a programme language. You have an API which interfaces with an engine.

You can call the SeqEditor (or an UI) via the Command-line if you didn't want to have visible interface. You can find a set of command that allow you to do this in the Reference Manual.

Otherwise, you will have to use another programming language such as C, C# for your UI if you didn't want to use the Default SeqEditor, Default UIs or your LabVIEW UI.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,508 Views)

TestStand  is TestFramework Software with which we can sequence, It has its own API's to Control from other platform.

Anyway you have an built in UI (You can use LabVIEW by just installing RTE alone)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,462 Views)