From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test reporting after 8 hours of test in an enviromental chamber

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to think on the best way to report my results.

Test setup:

Oven with a profile running for 10 hours. temperature increses and decreses during that time. i have 4 UUTs inside the oven and i comunicate to them. i will just test communications so if theres always communication we are GOOD.

I have a batch model. i switch to each board i have to talk and validate communications during periods of 4 minutes. then i move up with other UUT. this cycle continues and continues for 10 hours.

i have it looped like this

while------oven still running==true

batch synch

My test(VI...PAss Fail)

batch synch

end

So i dont want to have 10 hrs of data.

in an event of i failure i would like to record the event. and at the end i would like to have just one result. OVERALL TEST PASS.

i wonder whats the best way to do it.

what i was thinking is putting and statement after  My test.... that if an error occur to record the failure. if not dont record anything. i think i might be able to change the property fron the statement section or something like that.

is there another clever way to do it.?

thanks.

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,914 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author buton

Hey buton,

The first three suggestions in this whitepaper will likely be useful to you in your application. Basically, you could use on-the-fly reporting to write your report directly to disk instead of keeping it in memory, and use the "Only Display Latest Results" and "Discard results when not required by the model" to lessen growth of the report in memory.

To complete your requirements about only seeing failed results, you could configure the report to only show failures by changing the Result FIltering expression in the report options dialog. The "Exclude Passed/Done/Skipped" option should have the desired effect. The finished report will still show the overall UUT status in the header of the report, so you'll be able to see whether the test passed or failed.

I hope it helps, and let us know if you have any further questions about it!

Message 2 of 2
(3,878 Views)