From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test execution error

Hi all

I make my own Operator Interface on the base of test Stand OI.

I am not sure , that it is a reason of my problem, but sometimes (one time in several days), duaring testing popup message.

Please find it attached.

Please, look it and help me, because I have no idea where I can start investigation

Thanks a lot Valery

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,214 Views)

Hi Valery,

Unfortunately it is not every helpful.

It looks like something serious has happened causing TestExec.exe to close.

Do you know what step or code was running at the time.

Are you able to run the test sequence using the default Testexec.exe to see if its the UI or the code in the Test Sequence file?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,209 Views)

Hi Valery,

Are you still having problems or have you found a solution? If you would like anymore help with this issue, please let me know!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,138 Views)

Hi Corbin H. 

Yes, I still have this error ((( And I need help

Unfortunately, station with this code runs in Philippines and I have not possibility to investigate the problem in details.  I think that the problem is related to batch loop, that is in batch model (I am using batch model for client sequence). I have made some changes in this code too.

Please find attached my “batchmodeluutdlg.c” file and “TestExec.prj” (it is a project of GUI).

May be you will need "db" folder (attached too) , set it in the directory " c:/_ate/ " 

Thanks a lot

Valery

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,108 Views)

Valeriv,

These kind of crashes, especially sporadical crashes, can be quite hard to fix. Most likely, the error is occuring in an external DLL( memory issues, wrong pointer when releasing memory, etc). What I suggest is to begin removing parts of your code and test sequence until your application does not crash. Then you will localize the problem. For your case, it may be taking out half of the steps in you test sequence. If the error still occurs, then the problem is in those steps. If not, then the problem is in the other half. Repeat this until you find where the error is occurring. If there are some DLLs called in cycles with delays, then try to reduce delays - this "stress test" may give you exception faster. Also logging of the execution may be helpful. Refer to this thread, for example.
Message Edited by CorbinH on 12-12-2008 11:55 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,072 Views)