NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Stand Sequence Report Generation Feature request

My company requires us to generate a Test Specification document for each UUT.  This is for documentation purposes.

It is essentially a spreadsheet with the all the sequences and steps in my test sequence for a particular UUT.  The spreadsheet has separate columns for the step groups, description of the step, link to the instrument driver, parameters, upper and lower limits, and comments.

Right now, creating this test specification document is time consuming, cumbersome and error prone.

Does Test Stand have a feature which essentially takes a snapshot of the sequence and then exports to excel or any other type of document?  I realize that the UUT report at the end is similar but I'm looking for something that can export to excel.

If not, can this be something that can be implemented as a feature in the future?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(659 Views)

TestStand has a feature feature for this: Sequence File Documentation. The tool exports this info to Text or HTML but unfortunately not Excel...

There's also the property loader (Tools » Import/Export), which does export to Excel but probably not in the exact format you need. You could try it and just filter by Limits, Comments, etc... to get reasonably close to what you're looking for.

The third thing that comes to mind is you could make a custom tool yourself to generate this info in the exact format you want, either with a custom property loader plugin, or a standalone iteration tool (like this). This may or may not be worth the effort depending on how much of a pain your manual process is today.

Hope this helps!

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(623 Views)