From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Stand Report Filename

How can I include the UUT Serial number in the report filename rather [NO UUT SERIAL NUMBER]  I've included the serial number on the report itslef, but don't know how to include it in the report filename

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,742 Views)

Hi Gregg,

You can add the Serial Number to the name of the report by checking the "New UUT Report File for Each UUT" in the Generate Report File Path section of the Report File Name tab in Configure >> Report Options.  If you are running Test UUT's, this will change your report generation as it will have seperate reports for each unit as opposed to one report for all, but I am assuming that if you want to include the Serial Number in the report, this would be the behavior you would desire.  Let me know if you have any other questions.  Thanks and have a good one.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,729 Views)

Thanks Adam.  I was running Single Pass thus no SN was included in the report.  After running Test UUT's I discovered that the SN was being included in the report filename. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,724 Views)
Can you include other parameters in the filename?

I would like to save a filename like this:

Product ,   Type,   Part number,  Serial number,  Date,  time
LCR 900  PN-340249  SN-12345  Date Time 

John Bessire
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,645 Views)

John,

Yes, you can name reports any way you want.  Unfortunately, due to the fact that the process model (which handles the report creation and saving) does not have product and part numbers by default, it requires more work than the simple clicking of boxes in a configuration box.  Assuming that you have already modified your process model to have your product and part numbers, you should be able to do the following.  In your report options, make sure that you select the Specify Fixed Report File Path.  Then, in your process model, prior to the step called Determine Report File Path, add a statement step (or a code module), that sets Locals.ReportOptions.ReportFilePath.  This should take care of everything for you.  If I get a chance, I'll try to throw together a quick example showing this in work since I realize that modifying the process model is not necessarily trivial (and should not be taken lightly) and will repost if I get something.  Otherwise, give this process a shot and let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks and have a good one. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,619 Views)
Adam,

I will give this a try.

In my application the user enters the serial number, part number and etc. from a LabWindows/CVI panel.  The variables get passed from LabWindows to TestStand so the filename will be printed with the part number and serial number.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,607 Views)

In response to John's question:
Can you include other parameters in the filename?

TestStand 4.2 gives you the ability to specify the report path using Expressions as well right from the Report Options dialog box. For instance, using the  

<UUTStatus> macro, you could specify that reports for UUTs that Pass versus those that Fail go to different locations.

For more information on this, refer to:
NI TestStand Help: Specifying Report File Paths by Expression
NI TestStand 4.2 Release Notes: Using Expressions to Customize Report File Paths

For more information on the new features in TestStand 4.2, refer to:
Whats New in TestStand 4.2

Jervin Justin
NI TestStand Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,124 Views)