NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Report Not Applying Style Sheet

I have a TestStand sequence which stores results in XML then uses a modified horizontal.xsl style sheet to format the report.  This has been working reliably for a few years.  After the sequence completes, a properly formatted HTML report displays in TestStand.  If I click on TestStand's Viewer button to open the report in Internet Explorer (v11), IE displays a large block of unformatted text as if IE cannot find or process the style sheet.

Typically the style sheet resides in National Instruments\TestStand 2014\Components\Models\TestStandModels\StyleSheets but I've tried sprinkling the stylesheet in a number of other locations, thinking this might be a Windows permissions issue.  I've tried changing TestStand Report Options to point to various locations on the disk.  I've tried Absolute paths and I've tried Relative paths.  I've tried modifying the xml-stylesheet property in the 1st line of the XML file to disk locations I *know* the style sheet can be found, but no joy.  Not sure what to try next.

The ATE OS is Windows 7 running TestStand 2014

Interestingly, if I copy the XML and XSL files to my Windows 10 workstation, the report renders correctly in IE when launched through File Explorer.

I've opened a ticket with our IT folks in case a new security policy was recently pushed, but any suggestions of what I might try next?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,470 Views)

Hey,

In IE, click on the gear in the upper-right corner, and then choose "About Internet Explorer." Can you provide the information that you see there? 

Thanks,

Roxy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,464 Views)

I attached a screen shot of the About window.  An example of the un-rendered is also shown.

In case the screen shot file doesn't post, IE version 11.0.9600.16428, Update Version RTM (KB2841134).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,453 Views)

Hey,

It doesn't look like you have the latest version of IE. Is there a way to upgrade your IE to the latest version. We've been seeing this pop up with IE recently as some IT departments are shifting towards heavier security settings.

Message 4 of 5
(2,437 Views)

I also suspect browser security restrictions, but haven't been able to prove it within constraints imposed by the IT group.  I'll see if they'll let me update the browser and post what I learn.

Thanks for reply.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,433 Views)