NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS Thread

Goodmorning,

in a TS sequence i have 3 sequence a, b and c. a calls b which calls c. c is configured to run in a new thread and inside as some statement and a labview step which call the vi here attached. The vi starts polling the value of a fileglobal Boolean and if it is true it star the operation and compute some things. In the b sequence there is the wait thread step.  The problem is that when I start the execution it arrives to the vi step but it always stays there, the thread is never close and I don’t understand if it is because the vi never catches the true value of the Boolean or if it is TS that never close that thread.

I have observed and tried all type of suggestion on paper and now ask help to you community for solving the matter

For sake of completeness, I have attached also the sequence. The vi step is in SCT measure sequence.

I save the files with both versions 14.0 and 21.0.

Thank you for the attention!

Best Regards,

Zuc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(670 Views)

Hello Zuc,

I tried looking at your files, but I only have LabVIEW 2020 and I could not open any version of the SCT_Thread.vi because both copies of it are saved in LabVIEW 21.

Generally judging from your sequence I think we can eliminate sequence a from the equation.

Since you say the VI never finishes, obviously the calling Teststand step never finishes either, thus sequence c will not complete and the Thread won't come back.

The next step should be to debug inside the SCT_Thread.vi why it does not finish executing.

Maybe the lookup string for the boolean is incorrect? Hard to help here without being able to open the VI.

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(637 Views)