cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS_StationOptionsGetExecutionMask CVI Function usage

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to use the CVI function TS_StationOptionsGetExecutionMask to modify execution mask properties programatically. When I try and run the user interface I get an error "No such interface supported".

What object handle shouold be used with this function?

What context is it in?

I have tried the Engine handle, the Application Manager handle, etc. Always the same error.

There is a very serious lack of information on NI's part. There is plenty of help about classes and properties, but the help and information on methods and specifically the TestStand library functions for Labwindows/CVI is non-exsistent. Plenty of Labview help out there on using classes and manipulating properties and such, but zilch the NI's forgotten step-child LabWindows!

John O'C
Staff Test Systems Engineer
Woodward, Inc.
Skokie, Illinois, USA

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
Wow...What a Ride!"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,497 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author johnoc

If anyone looks at this I solved my problem with the function TS_EngineGetStationOptions to get the handle of the StationOptions Object.

John O'C
Woodward, Inc.
Skokie, Illinois, USA

Wow...What a Ride!"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,494 Views)

That's good to know. Usually the forum posts get reviewed by someone after 24 hours of posting unless there are additional posts made. Glad to know you got this up and running.

Rob S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,476 Views)

Hey John,

We have a whitepaper on using the TestStand API in LabWindows/CVI that you might find useful. It describes the process of passing the SequenceContext into a CVI code module and then explains the structure of properties and methods in CVI, as well as what types of object references are needed for various function calls. Using the TestStand API in CVI is a bit different from using it in LabVIEW and .NET, since C does not natively support objects. However, once you become familiar with the structure of the API in CVI, it should become a bit easier to navigate and use. 

I hope this helps, and please let us know if you have any more questions about it!

Message 4 of 5
(4,294 Views)

Thank you Daniel!

I will read through that white paper.

John O'C
Woodward, Inc.
Skokie, Illinois, USA

Wow...What a Ride!"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,280 Views)