NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDM , Diadem & Teststand Issue

Hi all,

1. I have to save result of Selected Steps  for each UUT in  TDM format (Analysis to be done in Diadem).

2. Each Step has a different Result out  (Current Measurement , Boolen out,  Arrays or  sometimes multiple results.)

3. My plan till date is to use the "SeqFilePoststep"  Callback  and Add  the results from previous step

4.  Has anyone achieved   satisfactory results with above mentioned method.

5.  well all UUTs (result) will be saved in the same TDM file.

Are there similar examples  or has any one tried the same.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,261 Views)

Hi aparab,

TDM is a file format for measurement values, so not necessarily meant to store execution results of a TestStand sequence execution.

So in short:

No, there is no plugin or whatsoever to create a TDM file storing results of a TestStand test.

You can implement your own plugin for this, but it will be a bunch of work and i question the content of that TDM file.

If you want to store measurement values in TDM (raw data used by TS to determine the result of the DUT), you should use the module to save those values in TDM(S).

hope this helps,

Melanie

Best regards,
Melanie Eisfeld
Senior Applications Engineer, National Instruments Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,207 Views)

Hi aparab,

If you continue down this path of writing to TDM file from TestStand, then I'd recommend you write a new TDM file for each UUT.  There are only 3 levels of hierarchy in TDM, so it's best to reserve the Group level for the Step and the Channel level for the Measurement.

The easiest way to do this, though, is to write ATML data files directly from the TestStand process model.  You can use the posted ATML DataPlugin to index the results and query-load them into DIAdem for analysis and reporting.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,180 Views)

Thanks a lot Brad,

well we r  trying to figure out how-to  with TDM   with our intended purpose

I am working on the teststand side

Lets see will  keep updated with  any new info.

I tried the ATML plugin  but   we need   the  data  too much customized and  hence   writing the plugin  sounds  the only soln.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,167 Views)